Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Interpretations

I enter a strange process when I begin a cramming session. It involves a lot of distractions. Which, for today has resulted in a random search on google that I decided to try on facial muscles. I came across an article and test you can try on reading facial expressions. I'm apparently a poor interpreter of facial expressions as only the most obvious were clear to me (which ones were obvious to you? I say the Asian girl's feelings were clear).

I was interested to learn more about reading facial expressions as a means to more fully interpret the feelings of others. But as I read this article I realized that I agree that facial expressions are not necessarily a reliable indicator of what a person is feeling or thinking. Especially since I have had many misinterpretations made of my own facial expressions (which were made unknowingly by me). So I'm led to think that facial reading is another type of new-age thing like palm reading. What do you think?

1 comments:

Michelle Glauser said...

Did I ever tell you about how my brothers used to call my "CQ" for "crusty queen" because they misinterpreted my facial feature of confusion for meanness?