Tuesday, May 5, 2009

10 little things




Michelle introduced me to the blog called taza-and-husband, it's about a Mormon couple that lived in New York. They have since moved to DC, bought a light pink convertible pink bug, and taken lots of Polaroid photos. Her blog has a large following, and it seems that everything she posts is just so 'cute'. Lately, she's been doing a series based on her reader's lists of little things that make them happy. When I read the first one I realized that many of the things that made me happy weren't small. Like home, my parents, and my grandmas make me very happy, but they are definitely no small thing. The more I thought about it the more my list kept growing, but of big things that make me happy. Yet, after reading through more of the lists I could not help but relate. I kept thinking "oh! I totally forgot about that!" and "There are small things that I like". So to celebrate the fact that I'm not all about the big things and can celebrate the small I post my list here, even if these small things seem to happen rarely - so I guess they are kind of big in that sense. But no matter, here's my list (partially stolen from other lists, I swear I'm not a bad person):


1. pretty ribbon

2. warm summer nights

3. exploring new places with my hubby

4. pop standards, jazz, and cajun music - especially on Saturday mornings

5. dancing outdoors

6. wrapping up in a warm blanket after being cold and wet

7. all day read-a-thons on my couch

8. waking to the scent of lilacs wafting through my old bedroom window and seeing the cherry blossoms outside.

9. wide open spaces

10. waking up to the sound of a brook, warm inside a sleeping bag but with a cold nose.


3 comments:

Michelle Glauser said...

Ever since I saw taza's post, I've been working on my list, too. It seems like whenever I think of something, someone else sends the same thing.

Michelle Glauser said...

So I finally sent my list. Hee hee. I guess I'll post it on the blog some time. I'm also glad your car made it to the auto shop and that you chose not to be upset about them fixing it. And the fact that you rode your bike (I didn't even know you had a bike, did I? I think you mentioned picking it up once.) and made it back to work . . . awesome.

You are fabulous. What are you doing now? Are all school-related items are done? How are NY preparations going?

Emily said...

Sweet blog. I will so be back! :)