Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The Good:
Can I just say that I love my Daddy. He went to the DMV today to renew the registration for my car. I didn't know he was going to do it. I didn't ask him to do it. He just did it.

The Bad:
John just got home and followed me to the kitchen and watched as I just opened the box to the tasty crackers I've been waiting to eat that my Mom gave us, only to find out that three of the four packages were gone. I looked up with an open mouth to see John slightly bounce once on his heels and sharply shake his head once to the left and then the right in a "nope" fashion. Like that's going to stop me. Ha!

And The Ugly:
Everything I seem to cook or bake lately has turned out awful. I followed the recipe and it just wasn't tasty and no one wanted to eat them. When I began this marriage and got five cookbooks this Christmas from mothers and sister-in-laws I was excited that these people actually believed that I had a chance in this crazy cooking world. Cherry/Gorgonzola tartlets - a disaster. Pear/brie tartlets - bah. Chicken salad sandwich - tastes like tuna. I cooked some pretty good ribs once. I'll have to ride on that meal from three months ago until I can whip something up that people actually want to eat.

P.S. "tartlets" isn't a word. I feel like one of those people that tries to make everything cutsie by adding "-ie" on the end of every adjective. But in my defense I had no idea - I thought you actually called them that!

2 comments:

Michelle Glauser said...

Or, if you want to go Swiss-style, you could call them Tärtlis.

:)

John said...

Just for the Record, Tanya has made some pretty amazing meals...The Eggplant casserole, The Ribs (already mentioned), Meatloaf - which was honestly the best meat loaf I had ever eaten, unfortunately I am on the verge of a cold and had a limited appetite, otherwise it would have been entirely consumed - some excellent muffins, pot-stickers, Tomato Soup, toast, and lets not forget the amazingness of her scrambled eggs and tomato..