Thursday, January 15, 2009

I feel kinda greedy and spoiled.

Update:

1. I've been sick since Sunday. John was pretty excited, if I recall he said "Finally! A rhino virus you've never had"! John considers himself the sick one in our relationship ". . Tanya, there's always a sick person in a relationship, and I'm that one". He's been really supportive - even if he was excited to see me sick for the first time since knowing me.

2. The other day I was chatting with my Mom on the phone and mentioned to her that I did not like canned soup which is what John prepared for me the day before (I know I'm very ungrateful and spoiled). She suggested I put vegetables to mix things up. I told her that we only had cabbage . . . .and my Mom panicked. I didn't realize she was panicking, and I didn't console her with phrases like "we have plenty of food, just not fresh food". So, later that evening we had an unexpected visitor stop by. My Dad brought us sandwiches and soup from one of my favorite delis in town, Carluccis! How sweet are my parents? Yum, yum, the turkey sandwich is pictured below. . . (drool. . . ).


3. I want to organize everything. John and I are thinking about trashing most of our belongings; like selling our dinning room table, storing our antique chairs (which were an awesome wedding gift), selling one of our couches, and D.I.-ing most of my clothes so that we can move into a smaller apartment. We realized the other day that most of our apartment space was wasted space and that we don't have friends over very often because we are so busy. Why spend extra money on a place now when we can save up money to buy a home for a family in the future? There's so much unknown about our future right now that it just seems the most logical thing to do. If we end up moving we can't take all of our belongings across the country, let alone to another continent. Below though is a magnificent closet that I hope to own. I've come to realize that many spend their lives completely unsatisfied with what they have, always wanting more. And I'm afraid I'm with them on this one. I may even begin buying my clothes in the same color range so that I can have a closet like this one day. Although, I do have to defend myself in saying that if I had a closet like this I will have to sever most wardrobe and take what is only needed. So, in affect - I wouldn't be acquiring a new closet, I'd be downsizing my wardrobe - minimizing. Right? I feel greedy.

1 comments:

Michelle Glauser said...

Rhino virus? Heh? Do you mean you have a cold in your nose?

Anyway, that's sweet about your mom worrying. And that sandwich looks GOOD!

Your smaller apartment plan sounds good. I always wanted things but at the same time, I wanted hardly any so I could just move somewhere. I did that and I'm getting that feeling again that I need to get rid of things!